Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fabric & Pancakes...


Today I walked and walked and walked, some at Little Bit but lots at Joann Fabrics! I had some extra time this morning so I felt that I wanted to have a good look around. I'm always disappointed at their selection but it is the only descent fabric store around and I like to actually touch the fabric before I buy it. (I know, a novel idea...)

So, I decided to buy a yard and a half of the above grey Lisette fabric. Yes, it is the fabric that goes with the actual pattern! I did not buy the pattern however (ka-tsjing!) because the skirt looks so simple, I think I might try my own pattern! (very daring I know) We'll see how it turns out...

I also bought two and a half yards of the two fabrics above. They were only $4 a yard so if things don't turn out then it won't have cost me a lot. The pictures don't do these fabrics any justice but they 'spoke' to me from the shelf! Now I will have something to think about (and maybe make) for the next couple of days...

Otherwise today not too much happened. Yes, more rain but mainly when we were driving. The fields are still badly flooded in The Valley and it was even on the news just now how slowly the water is retreating...

Since it is only the two of us this week (C. and I) I baked Dutch pancakes for dinner: Yum! I made mine with fried bananas and some cinnamon, C. had his with the real Dutch Stroop. It's a bit like maple syrup but thicker and sweeter and just plain tastier!  I don't really care for maple syrup as you can probably tell. I think it is one of those flavours that you need to have grown up with...



2 comments:

  1. Yum! Those pancakes look delicious!
    And I can't wait to see what you make...the fabrics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love pancakes with strawberry jam!
    Have a nice day/kram/Monica

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...