Thursday, January 27, 2011

Marianne Westman Design...

Marianne Westman Picknick design reissued

AlmedahlsMyGardenTray
There's a lot of classic 1950s and 60s designs being re-issued at the moment with Marianne Westman's Picknick another one to add to that long list. 
Picknick was originally launched in 1956 and shows a variety of Scandinavian food stuffs laid out as if for, you guessed it, a picnic. The sketchy depiction of the food is typical for the period and still looks fresh and appealing today.
That's good news for Almedahls who've been given the licence to reproduce the design. As well as the tray shown, it's available on a cutting board, a pot stand, a tea towel and a canvas bag. The range starts at $16 for the tea towel while this serving tray costs $36. 
Buy it from Huset

I just found out about this most beautiful ceramic ware and am so excited! As you can see I used it for my background a couple of days ago... It really reminds of my youth. I'm not sure if my mom owned something from this line or something that looked like it. I happen to own this dish but have nothing else. Something to start saving for!

1 comment:

  1. And it is a very popular pattern here in Sweden and costs quite a lot at auctions!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...