Friday, February 4, 2011

A Miracle Today...

Yes, truly a miracle it was: 'my'  rider at Little Bit, who I've been volunteering with for nearly 3 years, spoke her first words today!
She was rather upset at the beginning of the lesson so we started singing  the 'Happy Birthday' -song to her, just for fun. Once we stopped singing she said 'Happy!' and a few seconds later she said 'Happy Birthday' as clear as could be! Thankfully her mother was there as well and we all just fell over ourselves in utter amazement. (she has been non-verbal all this time) I have to admit I had a tear coming out of my eye, truly amazing! Because of privacy reasons I cannot go in more detail then this but you get the picture...

Now I'm spending the rest of the day by myself until late tonight when the rest of the family will be returning home again. C. has to play in the pep band this evening. Parts of the Jazz Band and the Concert Band play together to support our Varsity Basketball team. M. is there for the fun and pizza  and G. has to be there since it is Senior Night (senior students I mean with that, not that G. is a senior! ;-))  and he is the High School Head so it is part of his work...

So now I can finally tackle the 8 buttonholes that still need to be made on my shirt dress. I tried several times yesterday (growing angrier every time I sat down) but after a few stitches my machine would give some kind of error code that I just couldn't decifer. I even went online to try  and find it but no luck. I was VERY frustrated! It took G. of course only a couple of minutes to find out what was going wrong and now the machine works just peachy!

Anyway, I'll leave you with a collage of birdies that I spotted right outside the window where I'm sitting. The top one is an "Evening Grossbeak" and they are only here this time of year I believe. The bottom one is a "Towhee" also very cute to see I think.

And oh yes, I finished a small cross-stitch piece for the grey bedroom the other day. It is a song-text by the Swede Thomas Ledin whom I still like to listen to once in a while...
"Blue, blue winds and waters. Blue, blue skies and sees. Blue, blue feelings in the night." (rather literal translation)
Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...