The blue markings show where things went wrong.
The flesh colored markings show where my body fit in the pants.
Uhmmm yes, something went very wrong with these pants. I somehow added the yoke (the upper part of the pants) upside down and this created the outgoing-effect instead of the body-hugging-effect. I actually had to laugh out loud when I put the pants on! <wink>
The zipper is already in (on the side) so it would be waaaay too much work to undo it all. To the scrap pile it goes!
Not to worry, I knew before going in to this project that the chances of failure were very large (pants never fit right when you sew them yourself, except for pj-pants...). I did have fun working on it though and the fabric was quite nice. Maybe I can use some of it as accent pieces in future projects. And future sewing projects I have plenty of! (see previous post)
The weather is absolutely gorgeous today, but tomorrow a big cold front will be moving in so I am heading outdoors while I can. Cheerio!