Friday, August 16, 2013

More Summer Sewing...

Fancy gathers at the side...

Yes, I've managed to finish yet another 'sewing with knits' garment! I must say, on the mannequin it doesn't look too bad. I'm not quite convinced on how it looks on my actual body yet, but I will give it a few tries...

I bought this material via Fabric.com and it contained 96% polyester and 4% lycra, almost swimsuit material! (super thin and slippery...)  That was not what I had in mind obviously, but this stretchy fabric selection is completely new to me and mistakes are being made. (part of the learning process) In hindsight, a skirt would probably have been a better selection for this fabric, but oh well...

In other news, I spent many hours the other day, working on yet again another blog header. When I finally tried it on the actual blog I didn't like it At All! Whawhawhaaaa... Here it is with the pink background color I had in mind...

Not looking too bad in a smaller version,
but the full size version on top of the blog just didn't do it for me...
There are certain elements I do like though so you might see them in the future...

Well, today in two weeks at exactly this time we will be moving Master C. into his college dorm room which he will be sharing with a roommate, a boy from Honolulu, Hawaii! Exciting times indeed, but also very draining emotionally...
Regular high school will start again for Miss M. in one week time which means that Mr. G. (who is the head of said high school) is now extremely busy preparing for the new school year. 

We had a wonderful summer with lots of little trips and festivals etc, but now it is time for a more regular schedule. I don't mind, I do like a schedule of some sort. I've started to ramp up my running a bit again. Running in the summer is just plain hard. Too hot, too humid etc. It's ok to take it a bit slower. I've managed to at least run once a week and sometimes two. I will be aiming for three runs  a week again soon, but not quite yet. It is still summer after all...  <wink>

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe there are only 2 weeks to go and then it's September, my summer has been flying by. I haven't sewn a stretchy garment yet so I shall be watching your progress Marjan, it looks pretty darned good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoi Marjan! Dat ziet er goed uit, al is de stof meer polyester dan iets anders.

    Ik vind het idee voor je blog-header erg leuk! Benieuwd ben ik naar waar je op een dag voor zult kiezen. Misschien iets voor de winter als iedereen weer in rustiger vaarwater verkeert, met school en voortgezette studies etc.?

    Tot slot vind ik het erg leuk om te lezen dat je (ook) een hardloper bent. Enigszins zoals bij jou kwam er de klad in bij mij deze zomer, terwijl het vorig jaar wel lukte om gewoon door te blijven hardlopen. Maar het is dan ook een te gekke zomer, net als bij jullie, met zoveel maanden mooi weer, hier in hartje Zweden!
    Een zonnige groet,

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...