Yay! I managed to finish the cape that scared the ...... out of me!
Two kinds of welt pockets (in Dutch: paspel zakken aan de voorkant en insteek zakken aan de zijkant), a large collar, a very large hood and fiddly neck facings all just about did me in, but it is done and I think it actually does look a bit like a Sherlock Holmes cape! <wink>
Wow, this was a lot of work, but I learned a lot and it was actually kind of fun. Some good brain exercising for sure! (most of the steps were rather complicated and the descriptions weren't very precise)
Here is another close-up of the fabric and the fun buttons I used...