A Lovely Blouse...
|Such cute pearly buttons!|
I only had a little over two yards of this fabric and I wanted to use as much as possible of it, so when I put the pattern pieces for the peter-pan tunic on it, I also cut out the pieces for this blouse to make sure I had enough. (wow, was that a long sentence or what?)
To be very honest, this fabric was quite difficult to work with. Every time I zig-zagged the edges I think I lost a whole size! So I decided to zig-zag only where really necessary. This goes completed against the way I've been taught (by my mother) but this was the way to go. Also the fabric must have been some kind of blend of cotton and a synthetic material because it almost melted on me (with the iron) several times!
Anyway, I'm glad I persevered because this pattern fits like a glove!
PS On a side note: I managed to beat the bladder infection with the original round of antibiotics: Hallelujah! I ran two miles yesterday, just to get back into the swing of things. Obviously the time sitting at home (near the restroom) was spent very productively with all the sewing going on...
Thank you for all your concerns!