Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lovely Light & Lacrosse...

Yesterday I wasn't feeling my blogging mojo much. Just as I had decided to maybe not blog for a few days I just saw so many pictures! <wink>
It had been cloudy most of the day but by late afternoon the sun came out and it was just plain gorgeousness! Look at all these plants and flowers in our yard right now:




I tried out 'Picmonkey' for the photos themselves and was quite pleased with the results. The collages I made in Photoshop.

I had just finished all these collages when the other half of the family came home and announced that the boys' Varsity Lacrosse team was playing at Mount Si that evening. Since the weather was so fine and I hadn't seen this particular sport in over 5 years I thought, why not join him? So off we went and these were the views along the way...

Sorry, a bit blurry, but we were driving as I took this picture...
It looks almost like fall colors but this was the sun shining on that particular section of trees!



Mount Si is between Snoqualmie and North Bend (for those of you who would like to look that up) and so just on the edge of the Cascades' foothills.

Here are some impressions of the game...




The boys wear lots of gear (helmet, goggles, mouth piece and arm padding as far as I could tell) since they are allowed (and encouraged) to whack at each other with those sticks! I remember the first time I saw this game I was appalled by all the aggressiveness, but now I could take it just fine, most of the time that is... <wink>

All in all that was an evening well spent. A nice change-up in the middle of the week. Miss M. has an Ultimate Frisbee game this afternoon and the forecast is rain, blegh. We will go anyway of course...

3 comments:

  1. Mooie foto's! Wat een leuke blog, ik ga gauw verder kijken ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures from your garden and the photo of the sunny trees by the road is spectacular!
    Kram, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mojo looks like it's doing fine! Love your cow header. You sure do keep it interesting!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...