Sunday, June 10, 2018

Neverwhere...



Although I'm currently working on both a fabulously over-sized sweater (Teru by Junko Okamoto) and another  hat (Geo Point by Dallas Ann Prentice)(my fifth!), I felt a very strong urge ("cast-on-iritis") to cast on yet another project: the Neverwhere Shawl by Melanie Berg.

For the main color I'm using Madeline Tosh BFL in  the colorway 'Found Pottery'.  It reminds me of those sprinkles called  'hundreds and thousands'... This was probably not the best choice for the first section of cables so after one repeat I decided to use up some of my grey stash yarn, can't remember the name of it.  I'm just enjoying all the different colors and textures So Much! 

It makes me Happy!  {smile}





This will be just a fun project to take along to different places, especially to The Netherlands in July. Yes, Mr. G., Master C and his fiancee and myself of course will be visiting my family and friends for three weeks. 
The best part is that we have a house that we can borrow for two weeks right behind my sister's house in Amersfoort! Now we don't have to sleep in all these different beds and places all the time and have a little home away from home of sorts, can't wait! 




2 comments:

  1. I have never been much of a sprinkly yarn person, but I like yours! It is very cheerful! Heavens, all those markers though. Your knitting is very beautiful and I really enjoy how much fun you seem to have with it! ~Morgen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The markers are only for the short rows, nothing fancy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...