Sunday, May 4, 2014

Red Raglan...


Oh boy, I have finished yet another wearable knitting project: a Red Raglan Cardi. I'm very happy with how it came out and it is very comfortable to wear. I used Lion Brand 'Heartland' acrylic yarn in the colorway called 'Redwood' for the man part and the same acrylic yarn but then in a color called 'Grey Smokey Mountains'. (US size 8 needles)

If you look closely you'll see that I've added a 'feather & fan' lace knitting pattern at the bottom half of the cardigan body and also on the sleeves...
Sorry, not quite in focus. The camera had a hard time with all the reds....
Mmmmm, what to knit next....

--  **  --  **  --

In other news, I got myself an I-Phone this week, my first smart phone ever. The learning curve was (and is) rather steep I must admit. I've just been able to post my first picture on Instagram, but I'm not certain I can replicate all the maneuvers to do it again!  <wink>

Also I'm busy cleaning out both the guest room and Master C.'s room, since he will be moving back home again for the summer next weekend. Boy, this past year simply flew by!
Miss M. took her SAT test yesterday (college entrance exams) and will take the ACT test next month. Her college path has started for real now too...

Well, that's about it for now. I've also sewn a dress last week that I've worn a few times already, but I guess I haven't made any pictures yet. That will come later this week... 

5 comments:

  1. Hoi Marjan !
    Je cardigan is echt mooi, het grijze biesje maakt het echt áf !!
    Veel plezier met je iphone - werkt verslavend, dat dingetje... Heb het ook heel lang geweerd, maar één keer als je het hebt..... Enfin, je zult het nog wel zien ;-)... Plus enorm gebruiksvriendelijk (nee hoor, dit is geen sluikreclame of zo, ik werk niet voor apple !)
    Nog een fijne zondag ! Liefs, Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik zie je rode bloesje ook heel graag. Dat figuurtje erin gebreid is mooi. Waaieren de mouwen beneden wat uit? Gipsy style!

    En ja hoor, de tijd vliegt, onze kinderen zijn al op de universiteit geweest, hebben in het buitenland gestudeerd, en wonen nu allebei buitenshuis, toevallig alle twee in Brussel maar in verschillende appartementen, , maar vermits ze nog single zijn, komen ze de meeste weekends thuis! (dus hun kamers hier in huis zijn nog steeds altijd in staat van paraatheid, ik popel om er ooit een naaikamer van te maken.

    Ik ben benieuwd naar je nieuwe jurkje.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastisch zeg, die trui ongelooflijk knap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that's a nice cardigan, lovely with that feather and fan detail. I think you're going to love your new phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, prachtig dat vestje! Wat lijkt me die heerlijk om te dragen.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...