Sunday, December 9, 2018

Dohne Shawl...


So a couple of weeks ago we visited Vancouver B.C. for a few days and of course I had to stop at Baaad Anna's yarn store.  I really wanted to buy some local yarn and ended up getting two skeins of  West Coast Color in DK weight.


I didn't have a particular project in mind and it took me over two days to finally decide on the Dohne Shawl  designed by Gretha Mensen. 

I was looking for a large shawl with lots of texture. I really don't enjoy working with a cable needle so this shawl was perfect: lots of textures (using sssk's and k3tog's for those in the know) but no cable needle in sight. I even loved how the garter stitch sections came out. (I'm not usually a big fan of the garter stitch)
All in all it took me a little less than 2 weeks to make it and I absolutely love it! The longest end measures 85 inches / 215 cm.

I knew I wouldn't have enough grey for the whole wrap so when Ritual Dyes came to Tolt Yarn & Wool last weekend for the Holiday Makers Market, I quickly snagged up a lovely skein called  Borage / Starflower in the softest of pinks. 

Extensive ribbing has my heart so I made sure to use the entire skein until the end. Here are some final pictures for you to enjoy...  {smile}






___ *** ___


1 comment:

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...