Sunday, January 18, 2015

Light After The Rain...


I'm a little drugged up, I must confess, drugged up on Sudafed that is. Yesterday I decided to join the rest of the family to go and watch the matinee show of our High School's musical. Everything went great, lots of laughs and fabulous singing. Until the second part that is when I was suddenly hit with a ginormous head cold! I had only brought one pack of tissues and had to use the whole lot. All that while trying not to distract the rest of the audience (or the cast) with my frequent sneezing and blowing of the nose. A full onslaught of unmentionables!

I'm hoping that since it hit me so fast and so hard, it will also go away equally fast... (one can always hope..) At least I have no fever or anything so no flu...

--  **  --  **  --

We had a lot of blustery wind gusts and rain overnight and I think there were about 60.000 people without power in the Seattle area this morning. A very bad thing since the Seattle Seahawks (our American Football team) is playing an important game again the Green Bay Packers right as we speak. If they win this game then they will go to the Superbowl for a second year in a row. (and last year they won!) Mr. G's brother managed to score some tickets so that is where he is right now...

--  **  --  **  --

I'm ensconced on the couch with the knitting of my socks. I've just reached the point where I have to decrease for the toe shaping so almost done with that first one. The dog wanted to go out in the back yard and when I looked up at the trees I saw all these little 'lights' (raindrops) sparkling in the light: beautiful!



Well, that was it for now. Tomorrow is a day off (Martin Luther King Day) so a nice long weekend over here...


1 comment:

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...