Monday, March 21, 2016

My Sewing Mojo Has Returned!

Click! on the picture to enlarge...

Hurrah, I finally finished this dress that I had started early in February!  I've made this model twice before already and I find myself wearing them quite often, so I thought, why not make a third one?!


The flowery fabric was a remnant that I've kept through all my stash purging, and I had just enough for these two side panels.  The other fabric I bought last year when my mom was here. I remember it was Robert Kaufman fabric in a blueish grey and the material is a little rough but very pretty and neutral looking.

It is a bit difficult to see on the middle photo but I added some free flowing stitching on the one side front panel, just underneath the big pocket. I also quite liked the little x's on the back seam for re-reinforcement.

I like it so much, maybe I should see if I have any more fabric in my stash for another one, now that this one is still fresh in my mind... <wink>

--  **  --  **  --



1 comment:

  1. Wat ontzettend creatief gemaakt, Marjan, echt mooi!! Complimenten voor je precieze naaiwerk, zo knap wat je doet!!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...