Sunday, June 26, 2016

Back Again And Ready To Embrace Summer!

We came upon this frame on one of our bike rides.
A local farmer got off from his poop-spreading tractor and offered to take our picture.

You can see the Muider Castle in the background...

Good morning everybody! A little less than a week ago, Miss M. and myself returned from our three week trip to The Netherlands. The jet-lag has finally subsided (although I'm still waking up at 5am) and after a few days of cloudy and wet weather, summer has returned and I am so ready!

Amersfoort, taken from a small tour-boat...

So many pictures were taken, I don't know where to start. I hope you follow me on Instagram because that is where you can find the best ones. They were all taken with my IPhone and most of them only have two filters on them: Snapseed Drama Bright 2 and HDR Scape People. This way they all sort of belong together as a series.

Racing home on our bikes to avoid the big storm!
(near Muiden)

We spent several days at my dad's house in Muiden, then 10 days at my sister's in Amersfoort, several days at my mom's in Zaltbommel and the last few days we were back in Muiden again. In between we also spend a weekend in Zeeland (Burgh-Haamstede) for a fabulous cousins reunion and spent some time with friends in Zwolle and Utrecht, my old hometown...

Oudegracht, Utrecht...

We visited the Zuiderzee Museum, an outdoor museum in Enkhuizen featuring several villages around the IJsselmeer and their fishing and living traditions. We also walked through the windmills in Kinderdijk, another place I had never visited before and we spent time on the Westerschouwen beach, a childhood favorite...

Great times and so many new memories were made!

Kinderdijk.
Click! to enlarge...


1 comment:

  1. Wat heerlijk dat jullie 3 weken in Nederland verbleven. Het leverde veel prachtige foto's op. Ik heb ze via instagram bekeken. Leuk om zo even mee te kunnen genieten van ons landje. Fijne zomer!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...