Thursday, October 12, 2017

A New Chapter...


Today  was a very special day for me: I started working at  Tolt Yarn & Wool! Yes, at my favorite yarn store, can you believe it?!  {smile}

It was only (less than) four years ago when Tolt opened up shop. I remember asking Tif what I should try: to crochet or to knit?  She suggested knitting since I like to wear what I make, which is still so true. I knew how to do a knit  and a purl stitch and that was about it. I didn't know if I was a 'picker' or a 'thrower' (first a thrower, now a picker), had never heard of circular needles and basically had never really knit anything in my life.

Now four years later, I actually had to muster up all my bravery and apply for a job. I haven't worked (for money) since my mid-twenties (yes I know, I have been extremely fortunate that way) and I have never worked in a retail shop before either. The information is overloading my brain right now, but I'm also so incredibly happy to have found a place among the incredible staff there.

Yay, I am now a proud 'Toltia'!!!

**  --  **  --  **




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am sure that you will do well and love every minute of your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Marjan!
    Dat is een heerlijke plek om te werken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proficiat, wat een bofkont ben jij, om te mogen werken in zo'n heerlijke winkel! Je ziet er stralend uit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple, but great idea plus beautifully, carefully performed.- I like it a lot! blue wool blanket.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...