Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Knit, Knit, Purl...


Last week I had three (!) projects on my needles, now I am down to one. 
When I just started knitting I just couldn't understand why so many knitters had multiple 'wips' (works in progress) going on, now I get it...  <wink> Sometimes you just need a little break from a project, but you don't want to sit there twiddling your thumbs either.

Last night I finished this Antler Hat for my lovely husband. It fits snug like a beanie and it is sooo soft. We found the wool at the Sheepdog trials on Vashon Island a few weeks ago. It is made by Sarah from Farm Girl Products and consists of 70% Alpaca and 30% Merino. I love that it is a local product from Lake Stevens, not far from here.

--  **  --  **  --

You will remember that I started the Estuary Shawl way back in the beginning of the summer. I'm sad to say I had to admit defeat.  I came to a point that I didn't even want to pick it up anymore and I was only about a quarter of the way through the pattern! 
So I decided to rip it all back (!) and I've started a whole new project: the Dream Stripes Shawl. I only have a little beginning to show you, but at least you'll get the idea of what it will look like. The lace border will be in the blue color way. ('Plunge' in Madeline Tosh Merino Light, the grey is the 'El Greco')



PS: Only three more sleeps before Miss M. returns home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...