Thursday, April 18, 2013

Adventures in Sewing...

Click! to enlarge...

After sewing so many dresses lately, I thought it might be fun to sew a skirt again. This one is a mixture of two patterns. The main skirt is #M5591 and the scalloped edge is from #M6322. 

It might be a bit difficult to see in these pictures, but there were a lot of pleats in this pattern! Two boxpleats in the front, two in the back and several regular pleats both front and back. These pleats aren't that difficult to sew in itself, but just rather finicky. I added the scalloped edge for fun, but don't think I will use it again. I just couldn't get the turning points between the scallops to lay nice and flat. (and yes, I did snip the access in the back)

Anyway, it was a fun project, but now I'm ready to do some more baby sewing. I had a little bit of inspiration over the weekend and made these little pairs of pants and diaper covers. I gave them to the expectant mother-to-be already because I was so excited about them myself and couldn't wait any longer!  <wink>

'Made-by-Rae' pattern
'Made' pattern
Those diaper covers were once again rather finicky with the elastic in the legs, but the pants were super duper easy. I've left the elastic in the waist band rather loose, so that they can adjust that waist line once the baby is born...

Now I want to start on that new baby project (which I can't show you yet, since the receiver reads here), but first I will have to deal with this MESS!!!

Wow, this is what happens when the creative juices get flowing...  {smile}

9 comments:

  1. Je bent echt heerlijk bezig zo te zien en met superleuk resultaat! Dat babybroekje is ook een schattig idee als kraamcadeautje.. dank voor de tip!! Het gaat nl wat sneller dan breien, en ik ben al wat laat voor iemand.. Fijne dag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric of your skirt, that's the good thing about making your own clothes, you can use all your favourite fabric....I'd be clothed in vintage sheets!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again: You are so skilful!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Kram, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever! I have no patience for sewing at all. The skirt is especially lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says you, who has crocheted giant (and beautiful!) blankets! ;-)

      Delete
  5. You have a great talent! These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Linda! I'm learning a little bit more each time I sew... :-)

      Delete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...