Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Satisfying Project...

Today it is rather windy and rainy, so a good day for some craftiness. 
I first finished off the blouse that I showed you yesterday and then I continued on to sew covers for the storage boxes pictured below.

Click to see the mess a bit closer...

These are those common boxes that you can buy at Target and other places but I just could never decide on the right colors. I don't know why but I had four brown and eight lime green boxes in this unit: blaargh!  
The boxes are now covered with second-hand sheets that I've been buying over the past two years or so. I simply used that stitch-witchery tape with which you can attach fabric to fabric by using an iron: I quite like the outcome!

Eventually I might spray paint the dark wood to a lighter color but that will have to wait until we have warmer and dryer days...

Anyway, a nice and satisfying project on a Saturday afternoon!  {smile}

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is soooo lovely. You are so clever! Please come help me organize now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geweldig Marjan, wat ontzettend leuk en creatief gedaan! Ik weet alleen nog niet precies welk tape je bedoeld... Misschien is de verf van Annie Sloan een tip voor je kast, ik ben er nu ook mee bezig en heb net de klerenkast, die van dat houtfineer is, met een geweldig resultaat overgeverfd! Geen schuren, gronden en aflakken: gewoon de krijtverf van Annie eroverheen (evt 2 keer) en daarna met een bijbehorende wax erover: voila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea, they look fab! :) x

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!
I looove comments so start writing, pretty please... :-)

Father's Day Fishing...

Last Sunday we spent several  hours on Lake Langlois. We  made fancy sandwiches beforehand, brought some drinks and snacks and I brought...