Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Inspiration...

Master C. is running right at the front here...

I'm inspired! This time I don't mean creative inspiration but physical and mental inspiration. Just look at all these high school students run!  This was last week's Cross Country race (3miles = 5k) at Magnusson Park in Seattle. Our team (in the dark green shorts and white shirts) all started off right in the front, what a sight.

Master C. on the right battling it out with one of the fastest 
runners in the league.
(he didn't make it in the end, but he tried!)
Every time I see Master C. run he makes it look so effortless and graceful. And every time I see him I think to myself: I wish I could run like that...

Now I have to remain realistic and no, I will never run like that. But oh boy, I am actually running every other day and every time I go out I can run longer and it feels better and better! Yesterday I ran 7 minutes in one go, then walked for 3 (to catch my breath) and then I ran another 2 1/2 minutes all the way home. That was almost 1 mile!!! (= 1.5 km) Wahoo!!!!  {big smile}

--  **  --  **  --

Last weekend we had a taste of early Fall and we had to wear jeans and sweatshirts all of a sudden. In the mornings at least, because in the afternoon the sun would come out and everything was quite peachy again. The temps are right around 70F / 20C these days and it is just lovely.
I will be wearing a light fleece jacket today to Little Bit however, since things are always pretty chilly in the barn. Now with all the running I've been doing, I feel a lot better at Little Bit again also since a lot of walking (and schlepping of heavy saddles etc) is involved. 

Oh, before I forget: look at this fabulous find I found on the side of the road the other day: (the rack)

Yes, there is the wii-fitness balance board in the foreground.
I use that for about 30 minutes after every run...
"Nazdravja" Carla!
(little inside joke between myself and my sister)

This postcard rack only cost $15 (about 10 Euro's), it fits a ton of cards and it actually rotates! {smile} Now I just have to find a good spot for it...

Well, that was it for now. Not much blog- worthy- stuff going on over here, but I just wanted to check in with you to let you know I'm still here and still reading all your blogs of course. (always the best source of inspiration) Toodles!


3 comments:

  1. Keep running, you'll get there in the end! I love the blue shade in your room, in fact your room is lovely full stop! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you call that nothing....wow. Jij en rennen. Nooit gedacht, des te beter! Ja, dat voelt elke dag beter, dat weet ik uit ervaring, helaas van heel heel vroeger! Geweldig, stay the course. En de kaarten stand, geweldig.
    Dus een volle post zou ik zeggen.
    groetjes!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...