Thursday, May 24, 2012

Return Of The Mojo!

See, I told you yesterday this 'lack of mojo' lark wouldn't take long?!  <wink>

After I wrote yesterday's post I kicked myself in the behind and went shopping at Value Village. (= second hand store) Major score! Look at all the fun goodies I found:

Fun paper lanterns to add some festive cheer around! (and yes we could do with some of that with all this cloudiness around...)

We have a wedding to attend next month and I thought these shoes would be perfect, they will go with whatever I will choose to wear. Yes, they look like shoes my Oma could have worn but I felt that added some charm. The most important factor though was how comfortable they are! If you look closely you can see that they have padding inside: Yay!

And then I found these two pillow cases that I just couldn't resist...


And a huge piece of sheer rose fabric. Not sure yet where that will go but that is not important isn't it?  <wink>

And then quite a few never been used sewing patterns, mainly from the Project Runway line for Simplicity: Yay again!  {smile}

Tomorrow there is a big Memorial Day Sale at Joann's (fabric store) where they will be selling patterns for $1 each (!) so I will be adding a few more to my collection this week. (and very probably some new fabric as well, just what I don't need)

--  **  --  **  --

And as you might or might not have noticed, I've changed the layout and background of the blog a teeny tiny bit.  I was inspired by Ouchflower's template and she so kindly sent me the link of where she found it (Dessign). I checked it all out but was a little bit 'afraid' to go for such a drastic change so I decided to design my own and use Blogger's templates. I likey!  {smile}

OK, the sun is peeking out just a little bit so I think I might go out for a stroll in the back yard and see how much the weeds must have grown. With all this rain they grew a foot for sure!

4 comments:

  1. Value Village looks like an amazing place! There are three Goodwills near me, but I've never seen anything as nifty as what you find. Of course, I don't look at patterns or fabric, because I don't need either :~)

    It looks like we're going to have a few sunny and warmer days down here, so I hope that means you will, too!

    P.S. I love your new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuk om weer de berichtjes op je weblog te lezen.
    Het geeft een mooi beel;d van je leven daar.
    Ik zag ook nog een bekende naam voorbij komen "Werhoven" , de Dutch Farm.
    Ben benieuwd of het familie is van mijn zwager.

    Groet uit Twente,
    TruusW

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cheery finds would have perked me right up too....love your lanterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background works a treat! A nice bit of styling!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...