Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Belated Elvis Costello Pics...

Oh yes, there was the Elvis Costello concert last week, wasn't there?! 
To be honest, it was a bit of a let-down. I couldn't really pinpoint it on anything in particular (his voice was still absolutely amazing!), but maybe it was because this was the 4th time for me and the 5th time for Mr. G. to see him perform, I don't know...

Anyway, I took some pictures of us entering Seattle under beautiful light so we'll start with those... 





And then there was the Paramount Theater, built in the 1920's if memory serves me correctly. Look at that! It looks Ab Fab!  {smile}




I love these old buildings, they so remind me of home...

Here is a view of the Grand Foyer:


Our seats were about 15 rows away from the stage all the way on the left. This was  our view...



And then finally, there was the man himself:



Every once in a while they had people from the audience (I ducked for cover!) come on stage to spin the wheel and choose which song they would play next. This was an impressive feat because there were a ton of songs on there, but it also meant that not all our favorites were played...

So, that was it. I forgot to mention that the theater was situated one block up from Pike Street, which of course happens to be the name of my sister's blog so I had to take pictures of some of the street signs we came across.



I'm almost done sewing a new blouse so I guess that will come tomorrow, or whenever I actually finish it... Cheerio!



1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love your new blog design :~)

    I love Seattle too. I almost moved there, but I'm glad I didn't because there's more rain than there is here in Portland. But as a city like it SO much better.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...