Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Ramblings...


It is not only Friday today, but it is also the beginning of our Winter Break: a whole week off!  {smile}

Master C. is on his way to Whistler, a Canadian Ski resort about five hours north from here. He was invited to come along with one his friends and family for a three day skiing trip: not bad at all! He certainly deserves some R & R with the ginormous school load he has been experiencing this year...

Miss M. is at school enjoying some kind of festival and of course Mr. G. is there to observe it all. (that's his job) They should be home by eight or so tonight so that leaves me with another four hours or so to go....

We have received free tickets to go and see The Huskies (University of Washington Basketball Team) live tomorrow in Seattle so that should be fun. I am not a fan of the game at all but I love looking at all the cheer-leading and the bands playing. That is such an American thing and it always leaves me with a big grin on my face!

--  *  --  *  --  *  --

In the mean time you can see that I've been working at the blog lay-out again! Hope you like it? It is funny, but after about two or three weeks with the one lay-out I get kind of 'itchy' and I feel something new needs to be 'born'. I guess that's what you call the creative process....
(The little book in the header is of the reading method used in The Netherlands when I grew up, eons ago...)

The photo above, which doesn't have anything to do with anything, was also created yesterday during that creative process. I added a 'gradient map' (doesn't that sound uber fancy?) and a linen texture, which I am rather fond of apparently. (this blog's background is also that same linen texture but in a different color, texture by SKC Photography) The font is called 'Ribbon'.
The typewriter we found in Eastern Washington a couple of years ago for $25: what a bargain! Mr. G. cleaned it with q-tips (= wattenstaafjes in Dutch) and it looks like new. I think it was made in 1925...

So, enough chit-chatting for now. I am going to pour myself a drink to celebrate the upcoming vacation. Hope you all have a nice weekend/ vacation and I will 'talk' to you again soon!  {smile}


8 comments:

  1. ahh yes....and a barn break as well!
    Love the dress and the bright pattern is just perfect for these gray mid-winter days...plus, quite fetching on you.

    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure joy...I love whistler! You will have so much fun...got your little note today...there are so many sweet little places in Vancouver. Grandville Island Market...Yaletown....Grandville and 12th.....Gastown...Main St....lots and lots...I just know you will find ooodles of places. Enjoy! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heerlijk Marjan, even een weekje vakantie! Je bent lekker bezig geweest met de layout, het is altijd een verrassing als je bij jou kijkt! Geniet maar lekker van jullie vakantie, hier begint-ie nu ook, Carnavals- of voorjaarsvakantie, maar net waar je woont ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fijne vakantie!
    En wat een mooie typemachine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new header again! I have had the same one, since I started blogging in August 2009... I know nothing about computers and the diffent programs - I'm pleased that I can transform photos from the camera to the computer...
    Have a nice weekend!
    Kram, Monica

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...