Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A New Skirt & Some New Lights...

Ever since I finished sewing my Lisette pants I have been stuck in some kind of  "sewers'-block". I just couldn't decide on that to make next and which fabrics to use. Until yesterday, when I decided to make the Simplicity #2226.

I had found a fabulous sew-along tutorial on Noodlehead which gave me some courage again. Sometimes you just need someone to take you by the hand so to speak and guide you along...
I also choose one of my cheapest fabrics so that  in case something went horribly wrong, no great damage would have been done...

So here is my fun little skirt! It is a little bit shorter than I would have liked and the waist band could also be a bit tighter but otherwise I am quite pleased!  {smile}

Left: Pocket with Piping detail...
Right: A Zipper? Where?  <wink>

In my wintry sox...

-  *  -  *  -  *  -

The past three days or more we have been inundated with constant, merciless rain! (bah, humbug!) Several percipitation records have been broken and that is quite something for the Seattle-area (which is known for its rainy deluges).
To make the inside of the house look and feel a bit cosier, we've purchased some lights to help us with those dark and dreary days...



The first one is a wireless LED light with a built in timer! It goes on at 4:15pm and goes off five hours later. Isn't that just genius? We have one in the front living room and one in the office which is also situated at the front of the house. I bought them at Home Depot for those of you interested...

In the back tv-room I've added some fun little red berry lights around the mirror. Especially at night it gives of a wonderful warm glow...






And then this morning I made these, via a tutorial from How About Orange:



How about that? A la Cathrineholm!  {smile} They made their lights with colored paper, but since my lights were already red I felt that just plain white paper would do just as well.




Yay! I'm ready for the Thanksgiving Holiday! On a side note however, I have once again a sick child with the stomach flu at home... He is recooperating as I write this so there is a slight chance that he and Mr. G. might go and check out the slopes tomorrow at Snoqualmie Pass...

Master C. is an avid snowboarder and to be able to go out this early in the season is surely to make him feel better much faster. (not sure about the grammer in that  last sentence...)

Goble, Goble, Goble!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the skirt! It came out so beautifully! And, of course, I'm in love with that piping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je rokje is echt schattig, goed gelukt!! Lief stofje, vooral dat witte randje doet het goed! En gezellig zo met die lichtjes, vaak zijn de simpelste ideeën het leukst! Beterschap met het zieke kind...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before, and I can say it again - you are SO clever with your sewing! I'm envious!
    Have a nice Thanksgiving holiday! We have no such holiday here in Sweden...
    Kram, Monica

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...