Friday, June 10, 2011

Graduation...

Our lovely daughter M. graduated from Middle School last night. It was a lovely event where every Homeroom had two speakers who said nice things about the others. Awards were received and we first had a pleasant get together at the campus center and after that we had another little party at one of M's friends' house. (the boy with the dark hair standing next to her in the pictures)

Add caption
The pictures were of very poor quality since a) I used my 'old' powershot camera, b) didn't want to use my flash in order not to offend anyone and c) it was very dark and we sat all the way in the back.
I was thinking of taking Rebel Yell with me but I had been playing around with it that afternoon (quite unsuccesfully I might add) and couldn't figure how to get back to the original settings!
Of course this morning I realised I only had to push one single button (from Manual Focus back to Automatic Focus) et voila, all is well again with RY. (= Rebel Yell)

Anyway, it was a nice event last night and we came home quite late (around 11) and of course this morning they all had to be up nice and early (5:45) for their last day of school. That was rather rough and even I am feeling a bit blaaaah. It always takes a few days after the end of school to start relaxing etc. and I'm definitely not there yet.
It has been incredibly overcast since Monday so that is not helping us to get into the summer mood either.

Well, that is about it for now. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and I'm sure I'll be back soon with more (experimental) photos etc.

PS Today 22 years ago my hubbie and I met for the very first time!!!  {smile}




6 comments:

  1. Meike looks pretty! And wow 22 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such a lovely couple!
    And congratulations to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys make an adorable couple.....22 years is such a milestone for todays times.congratulations.....to your daughter also what a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulatons!!!
    Nice picture of yours with your 'lief'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicitaties voor dochter.
    Leuke foto ook van jullie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your daughter and to you, for the 22 years!
    Kram, Monica

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...