Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm Scared....

... but I'm going in! Making this dress I mean. It has both a fully lined front and back bodice and a zipper in the back: Yaiks!!!
I'll probably make it a bit shorter though, don't want to look to matronly... The striped fabric should make it fun and retro looking too, just have to make sure I cut things straight.

The snow has disappeared again (thank god!) and it is just super cloudy now, but NO RAIN: Yippie! It should be really nice tomorrow which is when I go to Little Bit so that would be so wonderful.

Daughter and husband will arrive tomorrow as well so what a wonderful day it will be. We just have to get through today. Hopefully the dress pattern will cooperate...

Welcome to my new followers: I love meeting people from all over the world! :-)

PS I've already cut out the dress. Those stripes are going to be tricky with the bodice darts. Here is the skirt part, just to give you an idea of what it will look like... I've cut it 2 inches shorter than the original pattern.



Click on the picture to enlarge it...
 


3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your sewing! I can't sew at all - well maybe curtains, but that's all...
    I'm looking forward to see your new dress!
    Kram, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute dress! Can't wait to see it sewn up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress..I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...