Now this was tasty!
Don't worry, this is not becoming a cooking blog (I don't really enjoy cooking that much to be honest) but this one I definitely wanted to share with you!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was even tastier than last night's stew! (which was also very tasty by the way) I added some hot red pepper flakes and a can of corn since I like lots of veggies. Also some extra ginger paste. Basically you can add whatever you like! :-)
Skirt Steak & Bok Choy Stir-Fry:
Thanks to the skirt steaks generous marbling, you dont need much extra oil for a stir-fry with bok choy.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large head bok choy, cut 1 inch thick crosswise
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced on bias
- cooked rice, for serving
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, honey, and garlic; season with pepper.
- In a bowl, toss steak with cornstarch; season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium-high. Add 1/2 of steak; cook, tossing, until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining steak.
- To skillet, add soy mixture, bok choy, and carrots. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes. Return steak to skillet; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice; sprinkle with peanuts.