Thursday, January 13, 2011

Karlson Hus = Dream House


Just look at all these gorgeous dream houses,
 I want them all!
My most favorite is the Glasmastare Villa but I love the yellow ones as well.
(and the others too of course that I've posted here)

I haven't read up on them that well but I understand they are all built in parts in the factory and then put on a slab.
I also think their methods are green so what's not to like? (only that it is all the way in Sweden...)

Sigtuna

The red Glasmastarevillan looks a bit like the house we used to live when we lived in Sigtuna don't you think?
I haven't found a good picture of the front of the house (in the early 90's we didn't have a digital camera yet so I now have to look through all our old photo albums...) but here at least you get the picture so to speak.
We even had a sauna in the basement!
I think it is my most favorite house that I've ever lived in so far, although the one in Indianapolis comes a close second.
The only 'bad' thing was that it was situated on the campus  of a boarding school (Sigtuna Skolan Humanistiska Laroverket for those in the know) and so we always had lots of students and staff in the area...
New roof in Sigtuna


7 comments:

  1. Leuk! Ik houd zelf vooral van de rode, met de grote serre.
    And I do love your music video's, lovely one, the link on Mike's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike's blog music is great. So is your Sigtuna house which looks a lot like Glasmastarvillan.
    Yes, KarlsonHus are known for their ecological thinking, that's good.
    It's midday here in Sweden right now and I'm already tired.......
    Kramar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik ga ook voor de rode, komt vast door de serre en de kleur.
    Jullie woonden in een echt "Madieke"huis.
    Kram Willy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comment in my blogg! It is nice to hear that you like Glasmästarvillan too, and I agree, your Sigtuna-house looks a lot like it!
    You also liked Humlebacken, which pleases me especially, since our eldest daughter and her family owns it and live there! Humlebacken is only 5 minutes walk from where we live.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej pa dig Monica! I've been one of those silent followers on both yours and your daughter Viveka's blogs for quite a while now. How nice of you to reply to my reply! ;-) You guys live in a beatiful area and I always love the pictures of the strand with the colorful badhus etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you can play all the way from Seattle. If you have been following my blog, I guess you have seen that "we" are building a "Glasmästarvillan" right now, in Sillaröd in Skåne. It is a lovely house!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej Viveka, thanks for letting me 'play'! ;-) I've followed your signs of spring thing for a couple of years now and now that i finally have my own blog I can play along too!
    I've been checking out the building of 'your' glasmastare villan and I am so jealous!!! :-) How many square meters is the inside?

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful to hear from you!

And Then There Were Two...